In the early 20th century Heywood Gardens had passed into the hands of Colonel Hutcheson Poe. Poe wanted to develop new gardens beside the house and in 1906 commissioned the famous landscape architect, Sir Edwin Lutyens to design them.
The Heywood Gardens were originally completed in 1912, and consist of 50 acres of gardens, lakes, woodland and architectural features.
This project was a restoration project that included the following scope of works:
- Carefully lift areas of subsided paving slabs
- Record the location of each section so they can be reinstated in their original locations.
- Relaying of the paving slabs on a lime mortar bed and repointed
- Carrying out repairs to areas of stone walls.